Information Collected By Revl
- User Provided Information: You may provide to Revl certain information by which someone could personally identify you such as your name, email, address, telephone number, photograph or unique username ("Personally Identifiable Information"), as well as information about yourself such as your work experience, education, birth date, location or zip code by which someone could not personally identify you ("Non-Personally Identifiable Information") when participating in various activities on the Revl Network. We will refer to Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information collectively as "Personal Data". In addition to providing us Personal Data directly, if you authorize us to do so, we may access the Personal Data that you have provided third party Internet sites and services (for example, LinkedIn, Facebook or Google) through the use of an application program interface.
- Usage Data: As described in this section, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Revl Network ("Usage Data"). Usage Data includes the information that your web browser automatically sends to our servers whenever you visit. The Usage Data collected in our server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We send the cookies to your browser when you visit the Revl Site. We may use Adobe Flash technology which remembers settings, preferences and usage in a manner similar to browser cookies, but which is managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. You can reset your web browser and Adobe Flash Player to refuse all cookies. However, some features of the Revl Network may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. In addition, the Revl Network may use third party analytic software (for example, Google Analytics) to collect further Usage Data regarding the online usage patterns of our users. We may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track whether such emails are opened. We may combine Usage Data with Personal Data in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user.
The Way Revl Uses Information
- We may use your Personal Data and Usage Data (together, "User Information") to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Revl Network and for related business purposes.
- We do not use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send you marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Revl Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use your User Information to (a) improve the quality and design of the Revl Network and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends; (b) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Revl Network; (c) provide custom, personalized content, information and advertisements; (d) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; (f) track your uses of the Revl Network; and (g) for our other legitimate legal, business, and commercial reasons.
Information That Revl May Disclose
- You may, by using applicable sections of the Revl Network (including sections which enable you to publish your Portfolio), publically share your User Information, including Personally Identifiable Information.
- At your request, we may provide your User Information to Partners that are integrated with the Revl Network through the use of an application program interface. Any such information is provided directly to that Partner and is subject to that Partner?s policies, if any, governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of the Partners. We encourage you to learn about our Partners? privacy and security policies before directing us to provide them with your User Information.
- We share Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Usage Data (such as anonymous user usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with certain third-parties to assist such third parties in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Revl Network, and, with respect to aggregated Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Usage Data, for commercial purposes.
- You may, of course, decline to submit Personally Identifiable Information through the Revl Network, in which case Revl may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may delete, update or correct your Personal Data, Portfolio information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- Our Commitment To Data Security
Revl uses physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your User Information. Such safeguards include requesting a unique password to verify your identity before granting access to your account and Portfloio. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of User Information you transmit to Revl and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. Once we receive your User Information, Revl makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems, but please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- Children's Privacy
Revl does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data on or through the Revl Network from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Revl Network is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Revl Network at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Data of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Revl Network, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has provided Personal Data to us, then you may alert us at privacy@Revl.com and request that we delete your child?s Personal Data from our systems.
- Special Note to International Users
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users in preparation for or as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, assumption, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your User Information is treated, transferred, or used, and you consent to the transfer of your User Information to any third party successors or assigns.
- Date Last Modified
- Questions, Disputes and Contact Information
If you wish to access, modify or have any dispute regarding your User Information, please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns as follows:
ATTN: Privacy Agent
[181 Fremont Street,
San Francisco, CA 94105]